Boating Infrastructure Grant (BIG) Program
|City of Avalon BIG -Pumpout and Freshwater Dock||City of Avalon||$196,200|
|Isleton Waterfront Marina BIG||City of Isleton||$130,000|
|Oceanside Harbor Jolly Roger Dock||Oceanside Harbor District||$691,711|
|Port San Luis Harbor District Avila Pier||Port San Luis Harbor District||$199,999|
|Redondo Beach Pumpout Dock Replacement||City of Redondo Beach||$200,000|
|Treasure Island Marina-Transient Dock||Treasure Island Enterprises, LLC||$1,949,750|
APPLICATIONS WERE ACCEPTED THROUGH AUGUST 02, 2022
Division of Boating and Waterways (DBW) is now accepting applications for U.S. Fish and Wildlife, BIG Tier I and Tier II grants. DBW is the designated State entity for administering these programs. Funding is through the Wildlife and Sport Fish Restoration Program.
These federal grants are for boating infrastructure improvements that serve transient recreational vessels at least 26 feet in length. Transient vessels are those “passing through”, staying 15-days or less.
Projects completed using BIG funds may be publicly or privately owned, but must be publically accessible.
BIG Program is intended to:
- Enhance access to recreational, historic, cultural and scenic resources
- Strengthen community ties to the water’s edge and economic benefits
- Promote public/private partnerships and entrepreneurial opportunities
- Provide continuity of public access to the shore
- Promote awareness of transient boating opportunities
Up to $200,000 is available for projects in California. All Tier I grants must meet the eligibility requirements of 50 CFR 86.20. Each Tier I grant cannot exceed $200,000; however, the State of California may award more than one (1) Tier I grant.
Notice of Funding Opportunity BIG Tier I
Up to $1.5 million may be awarded per project. A total of $10 million is available for Tier II projects nationally. All Tier II grants must meet the eligibility requirements of 50 CFR 86.20.
Notice of Funding Opportunity BIG Tier II
A complete grant application (see BIG Application Checklist) along with the requested supporting documentation must be received by DBW on or before 5:00 p.m. PST on August 02, 2022. Applications should be submitted to:
Division of Boating and Waterways
ATTN: Ethan Tratner
PO Box 942896
Sacramento, CA 94296-0001
For additional information or to discuss the potential project regarding eligibility, please contact Ethan Tratner at (916) 902-8823 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application packets that include the following list of documents may be requested by emailing email@example.com:
- Application Instructions
- Notice of Funding Opportunity BIG Tier I
- Notice of Funding Opportunity BIG Tier II
- Boating Infrastructure Grant Program (50 CFR 86.20) is published in the Federal Register (General information and program guidelines can be found in section 86.11 of the document). All federal funding must comply with state and federal regulations including 2CFR200.